Monday, December 28, 2020

2021 Art


 The Art I See in 2021

-----

 

Showing off!

Great Egret (Ardea alba) and he's showing off!  Painted in watercolor by the gracious permission of photographer Rocky Ledward!  Great Egrets were hunted nearly to extinction for their plumes but that helped change conservation movements for the first laws to protect birds!  So, he does have a reason to show off!

-----

 

    King Theodore! He rules the land! - painted in watercolor

-----

Short-eared owl (Asio flammeus)
Short-eared owl painted in watercolor by the gracious permission of photographer
Deb Johnston!  These owls hunt during the daytime and can be found on all continents
except for Antarctica and Australia and even have a cousin in Hawaii called the Pueo! 

-----

Red-winged Blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus)
Painted in watercolor by the gracious permission of photographer Deb Johnston! Experts say that this is the most abundant land bird in North America! Censuses of wintering red-winged blackbirds sometimes show that loose flocks can number in a million birds per flock and the full number of breeding pairs across North and Central America may exceed 250 million birds! I used to try and count these birds in the spring while driving to work for many years, but I could only count into the 20’s each day! I did love to see them on the side of the road in the hedges though!!!!


-----
Female Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)
painted in watercolor by the gracious permission of photographer Rocky Ledward!
During courtship, the male feeds seed to the female beak-to-beak. A clutch of three
to four eggs is laid, and two to four clutches are produced each year. 


-----

          Red-spotted Purple Butterfly (Limenitis arthemis) in watercolor
This butterfly is a North American butterfly of the cosmopolitan genus Limenitis. It has been studied because of its evolution of mimicry and for the hybrid wing patterns. It is one of the most dramatic examples of hybridization between non-mimetic and mimetic populations!
 
-----

Ella the pup! 
She is one sweet young lady!
 
-----


Noah! (watercolor)
The love of a dog is so very special!

-----
Saying goodbye to 2020
This year will be locked away and buried!  I just hope and pray that it doesn't escape!
We did dig the hole a lot deeper than usual just in case!


-----
 
Aha!  I finally remembered what the Dormouse said!
-----

The end of a very long road
It had been a very long road, but we can finally see the end and the
happiness that awaits us!


-----

I'm in Limbo!
I'm in Limbo!  I can't tell left from right or up from down!  Where is back
and where is forward?  Oh well!  I guess I'll just sing the Limbo song!
"Jack be nimble!  Jack be quick!  Jack go under Limbo stick!  Hey!  All around
the Limbo world, let's do the Limbo rock!"  Now I feel much better!


-----
The Eye of the Universe!
My friends and I went and stood at the "Dimple of the Universe" because we knew the Universe
would smile at us, show us its dimple, and send many good things our way!  And now we have
are close to the "Eye of the Universe", and it is always searching and looking for ways to help us!

-----
The Smiling Tree!
No, it's not The Giving Tree, but it does give us smiles!  And I think that
is very special!  So come by to visit this tree!  We do need a lot of smiles
these days!
-----

Eye to Eye?
We are not seeing eye to eye even though we are both at the same eye level!
We have to get along!!!  We really do!!!



-----

Our protector!
It is always nice to have a big friend who cares about doing right, and who will
protect us when someone wants to be mean to us!



-----
 
Where can I sing?
I am singing my heart out! But I had to go out into the wilderness to sing as I don't like being hit by rotten eggs or tomatoes when I vocalize! What are people trying to tell me?
-----

Blathering on!
He was very loud and seemed to believe everything he said.
But we could tell that he was clueless!  So, make sure you have
the facts before you speak!


-----

Eh?
He said, "Go West!" but he was pointing to the east.  I really don't think he has
any idea what he is talking about!  I've seen just a little too much of that type
of thinking lately.


-----

Taking time to think
I'm just going to sit, take a break, contemplate life, existence, and what is truly important!
We are here! Life is real!  So why is it so hard to figure out?


-----

Sore losers
I know they are clueless, and I cannot understand why they don't know all the rules of chess!  I did capture a pawn by using an obscure move called "en passant!"  But, if winning is that important to them, then I'll concede!  There!  Are you happy now?  It's a good thing I didn't bring up music,
and ask them if they know what a Pythagorean comma and the comma of Didymus are!


-----

Life & Existence
So, you want to know about life, do you?  Do you exist?  You do?   I realize that there is so much confusion in our world and times.  Since you know you do exist, don't you think you should try and
learn the differences between right and wrong?  I know there are a lot of distractions around us that may cause you to listen to the wrong people, and sometimes to the ones that tell lies and not truths.
You are here and therefore please choose the right side!


-----

Indifference
All of a sudden things changed!  I could tell some were listening, but others weren't.
Some seemed so indifferent to truth.  It was like they are really from another planet
as they certainly don't fit the norms here!  I must check my views of life to prove that
I am right if they ever decide to listen!


-----

I'm # 1!!!
I'm # 1!  No! Wait!  I'm holding up two fingers.  Maybe I'm # 2?
Oh man!  I didn't win!


-----

Nice friends!
It's wonderful to be around nice people!  Especially if they are your
good friends!


-----

The Egg and I
I built a nest and wanted to lay an egg! But then I realized, "I am the egg!"


-----

Eye to eye again!
We have finally worked out our differences and are seeing eye to eye on the events
that are happening during our times on this planet!  No!  Wait!  This is nose to nose
and something smells funny!!!


-----

Are you sure?
He believes he knows the right way to go, but most of us know he is completely wrong!
So many have gone in that direction, but we never saw them again!  Maybe he has been
misled by someone who has ulterior motives?  We noticed he never goes off in that direction!
I certainly won't follow his lead!


-----

What do I know?
I could tell you, but let me just ask you to listen to a song by Sara Groves on YouTube called,
"What Do I Know?" and find out which will make this like a musical Scavenger hunt!  The song
is 4 minutes and 50 seconds long, so you'll have to listen to the end to find out!


-----

Friends?
When a friend tells me something that I know isn't true, and he gets very
mad at me for not believing him, what should I do?  Other friends tell me just to
be patient, and it will work out!  What do you think I should do?  Well, I think back
to what my grandmother said, "To have a friend you must first be one!"  So, I'll try
to be patient, be a friend, and hope for the best!


-----

Want to race?

Well, no!  Because after your finish line is a very bad place!  I wish I could explain to you that

you are in a competition that leads only to ruin and no one wins.  But I know that if I tell youexactly what you are doing, and I believe it is wrong, you won't understand or think I am tellingthe truth.  It's like eating Soylent Green and saying how good it tastes!  At least understand when Leonard Cohen sang, "Ring the bells that still can ring!  There is a crack, a crack in everything! That's how the light gets in!"  "And, please let the light come in!!!!"

 -----

 

Another of Life's Lessons

Now children!  Listen as this is a very important lesson in life!

Just because a sign or someone tells you to do something or go

to a certain place doesn't mean you should!  Sometimes words and

signs do not reveal the intent they hide!  Just remember how good

a worm looks to a fish just before the hook sinks in!  And if you don't

listen, you may find yourself on display somewhere!

 -----

 


Pretty eggs!
Someone laid some very pretty eggs! I wonder if they will be colorful creatures like us when they hatch out! We are waiting and watching to see what they will look like!

-----

 

Walter?

We weren't sure about Walter.  Was he a friend or not?  We invited him

into our circle, but he quickly let us know that his political views did not

align with ours!  And when he ate Bill's cat at one of our meetings, we

decided it was time for him to go!

 -----

 

The kids

It is nice to see the kids playing and getting along with each other!

They did have a nasty argument, but everything seems to be ok now!

I just wish they'd get a good haircut!

-----

 


The Garden
There is supposed to be a Garden of Earthly Delights according to Hieronymus Bosch, but I don't think I'm on the right planet for that one. Maybe I've found the Garden of Trash as it does seem to be a repository of junk!

 -----

Just not sure....
I'm not sure if I'm on the right planet or not. Some of my friends seem to be supporting organizations of which they aren't even aware of what those groups are truly doing. Also, I feel like someone is going to eat us up if we don't wake up!


-----

The Easter Egg?
No! You can't have my egg! It's not an Easter Egg! So, go look somewhere else!
 
-----
Tee's Cap 2021
Tee is not happy that 2020 won. So, he is going to dance away his blues! What 2020 didn't win? And we are now in 2021? Is that different? It sounds the same. Tee is still worried about the education processes for America's youth. He knows that kids need a good education! He will dance on until things are better! Maybe you could join him in dancing!
-----

Contemplating time
I'm contemplating time which certainly seems to keep changing! And so do I for some reason. It makes me continue to say, "Time goes by in one direction, and covers us with mortal dialections*.
It's a friend or an enemy, but it won't let me be!" That makes it difficult to understand! Time! Stand still!

*Dialectic or dialectics, also known as the dialectical method, is a discussion between people that have different points of view about a subject and who want to find the truth through reasoned methods of argumentation.  
-----

No Matter What!
"No matter what!" he said, "The truth is out there, and will always prevail!"
 
-----
We just want to be happy!!! So, listening to the song by Little Big Town, "Happy People!" is what we do a lot! Because as their words say, "Well life is short! And love is rare! And we all deserve to be happy while we are here!" And here we are!!!
 
-----
 

Why does the alligator smile?
These guys seem to know why the alligator smiles! So, they must have talked to Susan Stockard who told them, "Buddy Stockard says, 'That's why the alligator smiles!'"
 
-----

2021 Annual Birdie Meeting -
The Birdie leaders considered not having a meeting this year as 2020 was so bad and 2021 seemed to make fun of everything by sounding like, "Twenty, Twenty Won!" The pandemic virus slowed things down, but the Birdie leaders still got together as there was so much to complain about. They got even madder when the usual smart aleck had to ask, "Do you think the Cardinals and the Orioles will make it to the World Series this year?" Now who invited that guy to this year's meeting! 
 
-----

The Questionable World -
This is a world where everything is questioned. I know you think people should always question events and why they happen, but here they just can't agree on anything!
 
-----

Candy Land?
I'm not sure where I am, but everything looks like candy!
So, I guess I'm ok! I have a sweet tooth anyway! Surely this isn't like the island where Pinocchio went and started to turn into a donkey, is it? What's that? I don't remember having a tail...
 
 
-----

Cupcake land
Well, I got out of what I thought was Candy Land, and now I think I'm in Cupcake Land! What could possibly go wrong here! I sure wish I could get rid of this tail that grew out in that last place! Hey! What's that coming out of the top of my head?
-----

The Candy Lover (part 3)
I traveled through what I thought was Candy Land and grew a tail.
Then I went through what I thought was Cupcake Land and grew
some more appendages. Now I'm just going to sit in this new place
and try to figure out what has happened. I certainly feel a lot different than when I started. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to learn the four food groups from the movie, "Elf" as it seems I still have one level to go.
-----

The Candy Lover - (part 4)
I seem to have changed quite a lot. Even my friends don't recognize me anymore. I wonder if I should try a different food group. But I still want another piece of candy unless this isn't really candy that I've been eating! What am I turning into?
-----

Little Guy!
I'm a little guy in a big world, but at least it's pretty!
-----

Stay Forever Young!

Ok kids, you will travel through life and get older, and someday you will be as old as I am now! But I want you to always think about the words to the Bob Dylan song, "Forever Young" as you grow! "And may God bless and keep you always! And may you stay Forever Young!" And may you always be that way in your hearts and minds! And if you do, you will stand upright and be strong no matter what comes your way!
 
 
 
 
 
 
-----
   
We need to work together!
We have been becoming so distant from each other, and this has to stop! We need to work together to solve our many problems! 
-----
 

I have seen the light!  
 
-----

Come on and try!
You can make it through these difficult times! I know you can, because I did!
 
 
-----
 

Make the right choice!
Life is all about making choices and never choose because you are afraid! Pick something that has hope waiting for you! A hope that will come true!
 
-----
 

Beware the Carnivore!!!
We have learned to hide and blend in with the vegetation when this bad guy is on the hunt! Billy! NO! Don't go say hi! "Chomp!" Poor Billy.... He always tries to be friendly to all he meets. But you can't like everyone.
-----

Look up in the sky!
"Look up in the sky! It's a word! It's a name!" "Hey Man, it's supper time! Get in here!"
 
-----

Tell me more!
I certainly will now that you want to know the truth!
 
 
----- 

The Time Traveler
I've traveled a long way through time to reach you, and to tell you that truth is never fiction. Too many of you are believing the untruths told on this planet. So, please listen carefully to what you are told, and then check to make sure that what you have heard is true or false. Investigate! Look at different opinions! Check for the facts! I've come a long way to tell you this, but my many legs have helped!

 
-----
Our discussion
A friend and I keep having the same arguments and cannot arrive at a conclusion even if it is to agree to disagree. I think it is finally time to give up. I've listed the pros and cons and showed him why he is wrong, but I must not be reaching him with my logic. There just isn't any other reason to continue with the debate. Ok, let's just go get some ice cream and enjoy that! At last, something we can agree on! I want whipped topping on mine!
 
-----
 

Discussions!
We've been having many discussions on just about everything that involves existing on this third rock from the sun! We must learn to agree at some place in the middle to figure out some of the hard and difficult things because that is very important! I know that some will never have the ability to add anything good to our world, and to those I say.....
 
-----
 
Starting a band!
I'm so glad I got to sing with you all! But, one of you was a little flat on that last song, and if we are going to find a stage to perform on, we'll need a lot of practice to get it right!
 
----- 

What to do when you aren't sure!
We aren't sure who we are, where we are, or what we're doing! But since we are here together, we'd better make the most of it!
 
-----
 


What planet is this?
 You'd need a fast spaceship to get to this planet as it is in a galaxy that is not anywhere near us! But you may not want to go there as I hear it is crowded and very difficult to move around there! I was told that those that can move a foot are the happiest!
 
-----
 
 

Where the wild things were!
But don't go looking for them as they've already left!
 
-----
 

One, Two, What????
One, Two, Buckle my shoe!  Wait!  I don't wear shoes!  At least that rhymes!
I just wish I had the time, and I don't want to be unkind, but it just depends upon
what I find.  As long as I have a good mind, I'll be just fine, unless I decline and
just repine!  If I do, just make a rhyme, and I'll make us a drink with a lime!
 
-----


A long time to hang in the sky!
John Denver wrote in his song, "It's a long time to hang in the sky!"  But our
planet has "hung" in the sky for much longer than I can imagine!  And there's
a lot more out there!  So, what does it all mean!
-----

Rolling on!
I just keep on rolling with the flow because what else can I do!
At least Charlie Rich sang a song that told me I'd never grow
old if I keep rolling on!  There seems to be some that quit rolling
and now seem to be stuck!  So, roll on everyone!!!

-----

Just relax!
Take a deep breath, hold it, and then let it out slowly!  But why?
Because that's what you should do during the stress of our times!
Breathe in and breathe out!  It will keep us going, and you'll feel
better!

-----

Art is tra la la!
He said we were looking at art.  But was it?  How do we define what is
art and what isn't?  Art spelled backwards is "tra", so why not continue
with the la, la's and then we might be in the Art La La Land!  Anyway,
the Earth without art is just "eh...."

-----

Looking at what makes us happy!
There's too much to look at and too much to think about these days! So, we are going to focus all of our attention on what makes us happy!

-----

I love to dance!
Dancing makes me happy! 

-----
Be good and do good!
Just remember my son, that you won't always be little, and when you are big, take care of those who are small and defenseless and do all you can to help them! 
 
-----
Made it through!
It was a big, difficult mess, but we finally made it through to the other side!

-----
2021 Meeting of the SVO
The Society of the Very Opinionated had a quick meeting and decided to change
the name of the group to The Never Agree Group.  Now, how did they ever agree
to that?   Let me just NAG them about it!  Go NAGs Go!!!!!  Did you all know that
nagging comes from the Scandanavian word "nagga" which mean to gnaw!  So
gnaw on that for a while I NAG you!  GO NAGs GO!!!!!!!!!  GO NAGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

-----
The Wet Bird Society!
The Spokes-bird for this group wanted to let everyone know the
reason why they don't fly at night!  The real reason he says is,
"We prefer to walk at all times!  Days or Nights!  That's what we
like to do!"  Hope this clarifies everything!


-----
A loud noise!
What was that loud noise?  Whatever it was caused Junior to hatch out prematurely!  
And that really upsets me!  


-----
The Answer to the Question!
To find the answer to the question, you should buy Lance Harrison's new album, "When I Ran Away With the Circus (and other stories)!" But, I will tell you the answer anyway because it is important! The answer is, "We're all just floating through time and space, temporary members of this human race. We’re all part of the stardust that fell upon the earth. Trying to learn the lessons we’re all given from our birth! Show a little kindness, care for one another! That person next to you Is a sister or a brother! Nothing really matters ‘cept the love we all could share if we took care of each other! All strife would disappear! The answer to the question is LOVE!"


-----
Mr. Grumpy
We don't let Mr. Grumpy play games with us because of his attitude.
But as soon as he can show us that he can be nice and quit arguing, then
we will certainly include him in our games!  Because that's what you
should do when a person learns to amend his bad behavior!


-----
Little Bird builds a nest!
Little Bird finally picked a place to build her very first nest.  But I think
she should have looked just a bit longer for a better location and remembered she didn't get a very good grade "in the Nest Building class."

-----
The 10-legged Critter that tried to hide
When this critter tried to hide, he didn't disguise himself very well, and he actually made himself easier to find because that other guy's screaming drew our attention!

-----
Happy fish!
It makes fish happy to swim in schools!  So, kids!  Stay in school!!!

-----
Try a little kindness!
Glen Campbell wrote a song, "Try a Little Kindness" which caused me to
try and follow his words!  I showed a little kindness and overlooked the
blindness as I strolled down the narrow-minded street and some guy with
a big head and a loudmouth had to show me how narrow-minded he was!
So, no matter what, please shine your light for everyone to see! 

-----
To Love Somebody!
There it is up ahead!  That one thing we've all been looking for!  It's in a song written by Tom Wurth, "To Love Somebody!!!"  The words are:

"If there’s one good reason, we were put on this earth is to love somebody!  The only way to satisfy our hunger and thirst is to love somebody!  I’ve been high and I’ve been low.  I’ve been around enough to know the only way to find what you’re looking for is to love somebody!  Give it all you’ve got to be is its own reward when you love somebody!  Diamonds and rust fade away, all that matters at the end of the day is to give a little, take a little, make somebody feel like the missing part of your heart!  Did you whisper to her, listen to her, take away the worries for a little while?  Did you make her smile?  Did you love somebody?  I’ve been high and I’ve been low.  I’ve been around enough to know, if there’s one good reason, we were put on this earth is to love somebody!"



-----
The Long-Legged Club decided to have a race!  Who will win?

-----
Around the Bend with Brenda Lynn!
Look up ahead! What could be around the bend? Sometimes good things are there just around the bend! And if you open your eyes, you will see something wonderful that is coming, "Around the Bend with Brenda Lynn!" So why don't you google, "WKRM 103.7 Muletown radio Columbia, Tn", and see what can happen Mon thru Fri 12:00 till 3:00!!!!


-----
Quiet contemplation!
So much is happening these days that really stress me out!!!  It is time
to just sit and think about what is truly important and work on the
parts of life that will matter the most!


-----
An unusual Chrysalis!
Everyone had to go and see it because it was so unusual!  What could possibly
hatch out of it we wondered?  "Something pretty!" one lady said.  Larry added,
"But what if it's something that will eat us?"  Now that is something to think about!

-----
I was shown the way!
I needed help as I sure was lost!  But I ran into a group of very helpful
people that put me on the right path!

-----
Friendship is important!
I'm just glad to be here on this planet and have such good friends!
Friendship with kind, sweet, and wonderful people is so important
while being alive!

-----

Back in the hole!
I came up too soon out of my hole!  I immediately heard a horrible
conversation.  So, back down in the hole I go!  I'll come back up in
six months or so.

-----
Our mess!
Yes, our world did turn upside down, and we are in a huge mess!
But we do know what is right, and we will sort it all out until our
world is right side up again!

-----
Timing!
Timing is very important in many ways! It is crucial in the way we live and conduct our lives! And it is very necessary in music, because you don't want to come in late while playing a song and play a wrong chord! You sure don't want to show up a day late for a gig that was scheduled for the day before as I'm sure you won't get paid! So, let's work on our timing!


-----
The Gelatin Mold of Life - Part 2
Gelatin mold?  Did you mean that mold that grows under the sink?
No! I meant that we have all been put into a mold and fashioned into
creatures that must learn how to dwell on this planet!  Oh!  So, mold under the sink then.  NO!  That's not what I said!  We've all been formed lumped together on a planet and must figure out how to make it work!


-----
Love or Hate?
Callie Hopper sings a wonderful song her father wrote called, "Love or Hate?"
The lyrics say, "We've got a choice each and every day!  We've got to choose
all along the way!  We've got a choice between love and hate!  I want to choose
love, so what do you think?"  You also have the choice of going to YouTube to
hear Callie singing this song!!!  And I hope you will!


-----
We are all different!
Love thy neighbor as thyself! Your neighbor may look and act much differently than do you, but everyone is unique! You will also look different to them! So, Love Thy Neighbor as thyself, and hopefully they will be that way to you!

-----
 
Small is important!
He may be very small, and he certainly looks different with an arm coming out
of his head, but he is kind and also very smart!  Once again, he made me think
of a quote from the movie, Men in Black when Frank the Pug said, "You humans!
When will you learn that size doesn't matter?  Just because something's important,
doesn't mean it it's not very small!" How many times have we overlooked something
which seems small and unimportant, but which could be one of the most important
lessons we should learn!
 
-----
Listening to the music of the spheres! (Part 2)
Hermann Hesse's book, "The Glass Bead Game" also known by the title, "Magister Ludi", has poems which have meant a lot to me! The sounds the earth makes when it is calm are so soothing! So, we are listening to the planets in our galaxy just to be happy! To quote Mr. Hesse, "Of all the conceptions of pure bliss that people and poets have dreamed of, listening to the harmony of the spheres always seem to me the highest and most intense! That is where my dearest and brightest dreams have ranged - to hear the duration of a heartbeat, the universe, and the totality of life in its mysterious innate harmony!"

-----
Continuing a conversation
Do you remember our last talk? You said some very nice things to me! That is why I've decided to continue our talks and be your friend!


-----

The Search for Intelligent Life
It hasn't been easy, but I think we've finally found a race of people
that actually make sense!  Of course, we had to go through a lot of galaxies to find them! 

-----
Who is smarter?
The one who shows kindness, or the one that shows hate?
I think the one that shows kindness is smarter!  We will all
know after the test is graded!

-----
Eureka!
But we're not in Kansas anymore!  I really want you two to be friends as I like
both of you even though you can't get along! And Eureka!  I have found a way! 
So, put away your differences, and look at how much you have in common!  And,
let's work from there on knowing you both have good qualities which make me be
friends with you!  And you should become friends!  We can do it!

-----

The Whole Enchilada!
Now what does an enchilada have to do with anything?  It tastes good, but this is about something
else.  Do you remember what Glen Campbell sang about in his song, "Try a Little Kindness?"  It's
about that.  It is hard to explain existence, why we are here, and a lot more concepts that deal
with our world!  The easiest way is to ask, "Why?" and that answer is too easy, "Because!"  I just
want you to think about "The Whole Enchilada" of being here, being alive, and what we should all do! 
And please understand what Mr. Campbell meant in his song!!!

-----
The Matrix Enigma
A recent Blacklist tv show episode said, "Forget everything you think you know!"  The movie,
The Matrix also mentioned the concept of existing but not being aware that what you see and
believe isn't real.  Or you could ask Frank Herbert what he meant when he wrote, "The sleeper
must awaken!"   What say ye Maud'Dib?


-----
A real smile!
Some smiles are fake, but you can always tell a real and true
smile as it comes from the heart!  As Dan Fogelberg sang in his
song, "There's A Place In The World For A Gambler", There's a
light in the depths of your darkness!  There's a calm at the eye
of every storm!  There's a light in the depths of your darkness!  Let it
shine! Oh, let it shine!  Let it shine!  Oh, let it shine!  So, let your smile shine from your heart!


-----
Nothing was normal, or was it?
Nothing is ever normal on this world compared to what might happen
on other worlds!  But this doesn't mean that these critters aren't good!
Just looking at our world makes me wonder about us!


-----
The Shape of Things
When your heart is full of love and you can show that, then you won't care who is square and who is round anymore!

-----
The March for Happiness goes on!

-----
The Smiling Language
I've read that all people smile in the same language.  But I'm really not sure that is
true as some will smile when they hurt others.  We aren't sure what he's up to, and
he sure is big!  We just hope he will be a good guy and can help us with our problems!

-----
Hello in There!
There are many reasons we can learn from the elderly! They've been here a lot longer than we have and have seen and experienced a lot more of the world! John Prine wrote a song "Hello In There!" with the advice: "So if you're walking down the street sometime, and spot some hollow ancient eyes, please don't just pass 'em by and stare as if you didn't care, say, Hello in there, hello!"

-----
The Octothorpe!
We are all going to see the Octothorpe!  The Merriam-Webster dictionary has
some very unusual definitions for this word so we must go see what it is!  The
dictionary says the word might be because of Jim Thorpe, and I've been to
the Jim Thorpe museum in Pennsylvania so this could be very special for me! 
Wait!  Octo means eight!  Could they be coming to look at me as I do have eight
legs?

-----
The Big Head!
Someone got the big head! But he did something very special and certainly deserves the praise and admiration he has been receiving! So, his head can get as large as it can grow!!!

-----
Living in Sunshine!
Ernest Tubb sang, "I'm living in sunshine when I'm with you!" and that's how
you make me feel!  So, keep it up!  We certainly need a lot of that these days!


-----
Cave exploring!
I went way back in a new cave because I am a spelunker, and I love to explore! However, I climbed up into an extremely long shaft and came to a place that must be in a different universe as everything is very unusual! Am I in the Twilight Zone?
 
-----
Love at First Sight!
You will always know when "Love at First Sight" happens!  However,
you must also take time to really get to know each other or, as the
Greeks put it, theia mania, which might be "madness from the gods"
and just infatuation!  So, if you have been hit with Cupid's arrow
make sure you think about what William Shakespeare wrote about
as Juliet was swept away by Romeo, and Juliet said,  "This bud of love,
by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower when
next we meet!"  But that certainly didn't end well.  Perhaps Andy
Griffith's take on Romeo and Juliet on YouTube can explain it all!  I'd
recommend you see what Andy says!!!

-----
I can figure it out!
I can't figure it out yet, but I'll smile until I can!  Are we in a chess
game of life?  Are we in a strange race to some unusual finish line?
Or just going bonkers as Talia suggested?  At least I know we can be
happy despite the times!  As Talia also said, "I'll let my imagination
run on wild wings!"  I'll listen to Talia and finally figure this all out!

-----
Our Time...
This is a time of which we can see others in an entirely different spectrum of colors
on the canvas of life!!!  And yes, they are right in our faces and lives but are so far
off in other dimensions!!!!  However!  Our time with close friends, is the best time!!

-----
Modern Art Exhibit!
I took my art students to see the new modern art exhibit that is now in town!
The exhibit is called, "Art of the Future!"  I will ask the students later how they
felt about the title and the direction that art will go in the future!  Hey!  Has
anyone seen Billy? He's always wondering off to explore somewhere!

-----
The Big Award!
I was just doing my job, but I do appreciate the honor of accepting
this award!  Praise is always nice for a job done well!  What!  This
award is for "The Nincompoop of the Year!"

-----
Just walking my Pup Pup! 
What a wonderful day for a stroll!  A very nice temperature,
and nothing is interrupting our walk!  Well, there are a lot of
things to look at, but they just don't distract me when I'm with
Pup Pup!  He gets all of my attention, and we always have to
walk where he wants to go!

-----
My Best Buds!
Just hanging out with my good friends and enjoying nature, our
wonderful relationships, and the good times we have together!  That
can only happen with people you can trust unconditionally, and who
share the right parts of life with you!

-----

Reminiscing!
We all went out to the garden to have a party and to reminisce!  We realized
we couldn't please everyone, so we did what Ricky Nelson suggested, and tried
to please ourselves!  We thought Yoko would bring her walrus, but we just didn't
see her anywhere.  We were looking forward to playing Uno with her. or is it Ono? 
Mr. Zimmerman started talking about some Mr. Hughes hiding in his shoes, but that
made us wonder why he came.  And now I'm wondering, "What kind of garden is
this?"
 
 
-----


Promethea Silkmoth (Callosamia promethea) female
They are called the silk moth as they do produce silk.  They are the only moth in their family where the sexes are not active at the same time of day, with males being diurnal and the females being nocturnal.  They only meet during the evening for a few hours.  The males use mimicry of the poisonous pipe vine swallowtail butterfly as a form of protection.  They are larger than regular moths with wingspans of three to four inches!  The females are brightly colored with the males being darker.  This one is a female!
 
----- 
 Numerology
Now where did the notion that numbers influence us come from? And why does Friday the 13th happen on any month that starts on a Sunday? And it can happen up to three times a year? What? It comes from the Norse idea about Loki? But he's a trickster! We can't trust him! And why did the Greeks consider Tuesdays the 13th unlucky? And any month that starts on a Thursday will have a Tuesday the 13th in it? What? Italians consider Friday the 17th bad? And any month that starts on a Wednesday will have a Friday the 17th in it? Are any days good? Maybe I have Triskaidekaphobia? If I have that, then I also have Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia! Oh man! Hey wait! I have 12 legs so I may be ok! At least I don't have Dodecaphobia! And I love math! What will I do now? At least I know I can solve 22 divided by 7 by using a fraction! You can't solve it any other way as it would go on forever! And forever sure is a long time!
----- 

Momma!
Our mom watches over and takes very good care of us!
Thank you, Momma, for always being there for us, as I
know we can be a handful!  But you are always teach us
the right way to live and treat others!  Mothers are like
that!  Yeah, they are!

----- 
 

Planet for sale - cheap!
Yes, it's only slightly used! A good buy! Hey! Aren't you the guy that sold me the Brooklyn Bridge that you didn't own?
-----
 

Doing My Best!
I'm putting my best foot forward because that's all I have, but that should be enough to do well in this life!
-----

Search for the good!
Even when things aren't going well in your life, search and you will find
the paths to happiness!

-----

The water...
The water doesn't seem too deep, so we can wade and have fun!
Wait!  Could we be standing on the back of some strange creature?
Could this be some unusual type of quicksand water?

-----

The Dragon!
He was the last of his kind, and he took one long, last look at the planet before he flew off
to seek others of his species on a far better world in another galaxy!

-----

Do good to others!
You should do good deeds without seeking recognition as that will be a reward in itself to see others getting the blessing that you have done for them in secret!

-----

I love to sing!
But others tell me that my singing is in the wrong key or with lots of flats and sharp notes.
I usually try to sing out by myself in the wilderness.  It seems I've even run off the buzzards.
Maybe I'm not really singing!  I did go to a vocal class, but after I learned three notes,
the instructor told me I'd learned enough, and said it was time for me to go.  I thought
he was telling me that I was very good and didn't need to learn anymore.

-----

Sides!
Some say there are two sides to all discussions.  Some say there is even a
third side in the gray area.  I still believe there is only one true side! And for me, that's the right side!

-----

One more step!
I know how difficult life can be when we feel like we can't take one more step. And if you try, it may not be the one step that will finally take you away from your problems. But there will come that one step which will save you! So, keep trying!

-----
Between a rock and a hard place
At first, I thought I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, but then they both offered to help me with my problems! So things aren't always as they seem when they look so bad! There are folks that can really help you when you desperately need it!

-----

The size of your heart
The size of your heart will not matter as only what good you can do with it
is important!  It's like having one leg, two legs, three legs, four legs, or more!
It doesn't matter!  The only important thing that does matter is what good
you can do for others!  A small heart full of love can do a lot!

-----

The Mystery of Time
Just when the mystery of time, existence, and why we are here was starting to unravel and I could understand it, Loki had to say, "We can't free the timeline!" Now, that just makes everything more confusing!

-----

The way to show love!
Laura Lane sings a song she wrote which includes the words, "You show me love in everything you do!" and that is something that we all really need to do!

-----

The eyes have it!
Some see a lot, or so they think.  Some seem to think they see too much!
Oh!  What? Did you mean, "The ayes have it?"  Never mind, that's different.
Aye yai yai yai!!!!

-----

The Pluviophiles!
The Pluviophiles are an organization of friends that find joy and peace of mind during rainy days! One member, Larry, suggested that we go and see if wet birds really don't fly at night! Now all we have to do is wait for night and a rain! Wait, did you say at night? No, that's not for us as we only find joy and peace during days! So, the birdies are safe for now from our search!
 
-----

Find the Happy!
We all need to choose and find the happy! I found the happy by going home where happiness prevailed! Our home may be a big mess, but when a heart is good and loving and is given freely to you, then you have found the happy!

-----
 

Keep on the Sunny Side!
I have always loved to hear the way Momma Maybelle Carter sings this song! It just makes me happy! So, let's keep on the sunny side of life!!!!
-----

Whistling a happy tune!
We heard someone whistling a very happy tune off in the distance,
and followed that cheerful sound!  We found out it was Talia that
was whistling this pretty tune!  We all smiled because it made us
so happy to hear it!!!!  Thank you, Talia, for making our day better!

-----

Obstacles in life
If there weren't so many obstacles in our way, then it would
be so much easier to continue!  But dealing with our problems
will make us much stronger!

-----

We are in this together!
We have to get along with each other!  It is so very important!
It shouldn't be that difficult to understand.  If we try our best,
we should be able to work with each other and find a solution! 
We mustn't miss this chance to do right and in the right way for each
other in this time we have!

-----

Impasse!
What can you do when you come up against a wall or obstacle
that seems impossible to get through!  What should we do?
Larry says he has a solution!  Way to go Larry!!!

-----

Our club!
We are members of a very special club!  We like to explore the strange
things on our planet!  One day we noticed a group lined up behind a fence
that was looking at us and went over to ask what they were doing.  They
said they had paid admission to see the strangest group that had ever existed
on our planet! Hmm.....

-----

Which dimension...
Talia said, "The 3rd dimension is now closed due to reconstruction, and we'd better find a new home!" This was a huge relief to the Stick People world, and they declared a National Holiday! Lobsang Rampa wrote the book "Beyond the Tenth." I wonder if we should try to find the 4th dimension or even keep on going past that one! And where is the Twilight Zone in all of this....

-----

A Big Smile
How do you know if someone is not telling the truth? Have they consistently lied? Have they shown that their words are never real? I remember saying that truth is never found in falsehood. So, a big smile does not mean a person is telling the truth! The smile may be there to fool you!

-----

Fall leaves 2021
I sure am enjoying the fall colors this year!

-----

It's pumpkin time!
Talia says, "It's pumpkin time!"  "Let's go Trick or Treating!" 
We can all put on our costumes!  Wait!  We already look like
we are wearing costumes!  Oh well!  Candy is candy!

-----

Maxwell
Talia got a letter from prison from Maxwell.  He said his silver hammer was lost,
and he'd pay a hefty reward for anyone that found it.  Talia knew Max didn't need
to ever have that hammer again, and that it was in the police lockup.  So, Talia wrote
him a letter which said, "Max!"  "Max!"  "Maxwell!"  "You're home!"  "And you can
never go wee, wee, wee again!"  We are all very happy that we don't have to worry
about Max anymore!

-----

Talia's Pet Shoppe!
It's full of happy pets and mythical creatures!

-----

Time to leave the nest!
It has become difficult to keep track of all the youngsters!
So, I think it is finally time for them to leave the nest!

-----

Talia's world!
In Talia's world, the monsters only gobble up your nightmares,
insecurities, or yellow vegetables if you don't like those!  I want
to move to her world!

-----

Always say nice things!
We heard what you said, and it was very nice!  We should always
say nice things!  As Thumper's father told him, "If you can't say
something nice, don't say nothing at all!"  Thumper kept that
wonderful saying and used it all of his life!  This is something that
we should all do!

-----

Choices in life!
Since you do exist and are here, please be very careful about the
choices you make!  Always make the right decision and take the
path through life that is truly the most important!

-----

Talia's world part 2
Talia wants you to know that in her world she works to save the bees and trees!
Wait!  Aren't those important also in our world?  Don't we need bees to pollinate,
and need the trees for oxygen?  Aren't these things important?  At least on her
world, she has critters that help the bees and trees survive!  What do we have?

-----

I see the apple of my eye!  Shakespeare said it right when he wrote,

“Flower of this purple dye, hit with Cupid's archery, sink in apple of his eye.   

When his love he doth espy, let her shine as gloriously as the Venus of the sky."

Her love reflects in my eye and shows the love she has for me! 


-----

Talia's world part 3
On Talia's world two critters were smiling and talking! Talia told us they were playing fun games and being silly! They do get old tv shows on their planet and had seen Ronald Reagan on tv as an actor and as a President. So, both were having a discussion about actors and politics. One critter said Reagan must have been cloned to be able to do so much. The other thought cloning would explain all of that! "They both had a big laugh over that notion!" said Talia.

-----

Happy Halloween!
Well, no one will make a pie out of this pumpkin! No wait! Is that a costume? Trick or Treat! Yummm! Candy!!!! Don't you kids look cute! Happy Halloween!!!

-----

Talia's world part 4
In Talia's world it's all about helping others!  She has some
helpful hints for travelers!  Ladies!  Always take your lucky
earrings, or if you are a boy, take an acorn to plant just like
Johnny Appleseed did with apple seeds!  When traveling, it
also helps to have a lot of legs so you don't get tired!  AND!
Never let a bear win in the woods!

-----

Talia's world part 5
In Talia land, "The National Day of Happiness" is coming up!
Talia wanted you to also know that the Oxford comma is very
important and if sometimes left out, confusion can occur! 
So, make sure you use happiness and commas in the right way!

-----
Taking another stroll!
I took a nice, long stroll last year! It was so quiet and peaceful that I decided to take another one this year. The landscape seems to be totally different from last year, but there sure is a lot more to see!

-----
The Out-of-Key Choir
When we get together to rehearse, the vegetation around us always
seems to die.  We do this outside as we sing in more keys than actually
seem to exist, and we sing them all at the same time.  Now, if we could
just find some establishment that would let us sing like we do!  But so
far, most people just run away when we ask.

-----
The jump for joy!
It has been said that whoever jumps through this opening and rings the
bell will have a life full of bliss!  There is one problem with that notion!
I can't jump!


-----
Talia's Pearl of Wisdom!
Talia just told me, "We should know and learn from history so that we will
solve tomorrow's mystery!"  Wise words from her!  Thanks Talia!!!

-----
We love to smile!
And we will smile because all of the Blue Meanies are gone!

-----
I'm living in a hole!
I may be living in a hole, but I am happy!  I get good cell service down
there, and the cable tv works well!  Plus, there are no distractions!
And without distractions, you can live your best!

-----
Passing on the smiles!
Passing on smiles to everyone will keep us from breaking under
the loads of life when things become too difficult.  So, pass them on
my friends!  It will help!

-----
What drew my attention?
I was walking along and enjoying our beautiful landscape
when something really drew my attention!  Now why does
this stand out so much more than everything else?

-----
Tongue waggers
There is a lot of tongues flapping these days.  Sometimes they jabber on and
gossip which they shouldn't do.  They pass around what they really and truly
don't know as if it is real.  But since I can tell that what they are saying isn't true,
then I don't know if I should join in on their conversations or not!

-----
The Divide between us
We all are seeking directions in which to travel! Some will go one way while others will choose a different path through life. Why don't we just look on the other side of the fence as the grass is always greener over there! We can agree on that can't we!

-----
Taking a tour!
We are taking a tour on a beautiful day!  Our tour guide is showing us
some wonderful views!  I just hope Billy doesn't wander off again.  He
tends to get lost on our journeys.

-----
Thankful Land!
We are all thankful for the blessings we have!  We have what we need,
and can share with those that need something!

-----
A Birdie Christmas!
I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, but I think I'm ok!  Everyone should
be happy with the worms I'm putting in their stockings!  I even put
some towels in the stockings of those birds that can't fly at night when
they get wet!

-----
The Wise Old Owl
When Owls contemplate existence, they often find the world
is a lot more complicated than they realize!  But by working
on this problem, they do come up with the answer and the
solution to their problems!  Shouldn't we all be like the wise old
Owl and solve our troubles!

-----
Merry Christmas 2021!!!

-----
Talia talks about nature!
Talia says, "Nature has a way of working things out!  It doesn't impose
yet will solve everything if we don't get in the way!"  So don't mess with
Mother Nature!

-----
We are protected!
The ever-watchful eyes that look out for us will keep
us safe from harm!  And that is why we smile so much!

-----

Mistletoe!
We're on the lookout for Mistletoe! It used to be all over the place, but we haven't seen any up in the trees for quite a while. Where did it go!

-----
It's time for Christmas caroling!

-----
The Wise Old Birds!
If they are such wise old birds, why do they have their meetings behind
the fried chicken restaurant?

-----
Welcome to Happyville!
Why are we so happy?  Well, we do live in Happyville!
But the true reason is that we understand what truly
can make a person happy!  And that is to do good to all
we meet!

-----
The winner is!
When you care about your friends, you won't really care if they
beat you in a race!  So here we are, my friend and me!  But we
both keep slowing down to let the other get ahead!  That's what
caring friends will do!  I keep thinking about a poster my grandmother
kept on her wall that said, "To have a friend, you must first be one!"

-----
Talia got a new job!
So, we are all going to eat at the restaurant where she works!

-----
Washed away
After the water washed away the trash of this world, we saw only the
beauty that remained!  It reminded me of the Eagles song, "Business
As Usual" and those that did not learn but continued to do wrong finally
found what was coming for them!
-----
Cookie time!
It's time for those fantastic Girl Scout Cookies!  Don't just tag-a-long
with me!  Don't just do-si-do!  Order some cookies!  We are!!!

-----
Mr. Positive!
He always cheers us up because of his wonderful attitude which
gives us hope and makes us want to dance!!!

-----
2022 is coming!
Wait!  Didn't you say that 2020 won?  No, I said the year was 2021! 
But 2020 was an unusual year and I thought you said the next year
won!  Arrrgh!  No, I didn't say that.  You just misunderstood!  So, make
sure, you appreciate this year coming up - 2022!  But if I add up the
digits in 2020, I get 4.  If I add up the digits in 2021, I get 5.  If I add up
the digits in 2022, I get 6.  And that trend seems to continue.  Why I
wonder...  I thought you liked math!  Just enjoy it as it will all add up
and make sense!

-----
We love to sing Christmas songs!
It's very warm where we live, but we do love to sing
Christmas songs because they are so wonderful! So
even if the weather is hot, we still love to sing these
beautiful songs!

-----
Fred's attitude
Fred wasn't sure about the new year, 2022, that was coming up, but
he knew he'd face it the best way he could and put his best foot forward!
He knew time only goes by in one direction, so he prepared himself and
smiled!
-----
2021 is ending!
This year is coming to a close, and a new one will soon begin! So, let's finish this one as strong and positive as we can and welcome in this next year with prayers and hope for everyone!
-----
The one-way conversation!
There was a one-way conversation going on.  So, I just closed my
eyes and ears and thought about a pleasant field of flowers full
of butterflies while a gentle breeze swirled around me!  Ah!!!!
Just so peaceful!

-----

-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home